eFX Dealing allows you to
- Safely and securely transact your foreign exchange in a fast, easy and cost efficient manner
- Execute spot, forward, forward with an optional delivery date and swaps,
- Receive and print confirmation of executed trade on-line,
- Download trade information directly to back office systems and
- Access your maturing FX deals and live FX rates.
How do I apply for eFX Dealing
1. Review the eFX Dealing technical requirements, information guide and virtual help on this page.
2. Click Apply for eFX Dealing. Here you will be asked to log in or register.
3. Download and complete the forms on the registration page. Post or fax these forms to your Markets Contact.
4. If your application is successful, you will be notified by email. You will need to return to National Australia Bank and apply for a digital certificate.
Things you need to know about eFX Dealing
- Australian clients will find the New Zealand dollar abbreviated to "NZD" - this will facilitate the AUD vs NZD to be quoted as AUD1 = NZD1.1XXX
- If the value date requested is a non-business day in the country of either currency, a rate request sent to Manual Rate Intervention, will be returned with an alternative settlement date.
- Selective use of filters on deal blotters will help to minimise refresh / reload times. Creating a number of blotters will also enhance deal information, management and reporting.
- Satisfactory use of eFX Dealing is contingent upon the bandwidth and speed of your Internet connection. eFX Dealing will work at a minimum bandwidth of 56Kbps per user. However, we strongly recommend using a higher bandwidth connection, for example, 128kbps per user and above.
Business support (Australia)
Business support freecall number: 1800 287 930 (8:30am-5:00pm MON-FRI AEST)